Privacy Notice & Cookies
Congratulations you have probably found the least fun page of the Simply Whisky website, but our lawyer reckons we should have terms, policies, privacy information, cookie disclaimers, notices and conditions and he loves this page. So here they are:
You must be 18 years old (or over) to use our website or of the legal drinking age in your country. Please drink responsibly and in moderation. For more information please visit Drink Aware.
2. Who is responsible for your data
To facilitate the delivery of our products and services Wellwood Star Ltd trading as Simply Whisky is responsible for customer data. We can be contacted via email to email@example.com.
3. Personal data we collect about you
We collect personal data for a variety of purposes as outlined within section 3. You will provide much of this data to us directly by completing online forms or by communicating with our employees but we also gather some data via the digital interactions that you have with us.
a) Name and contact details (email address, telephone number, your city and country):
- When you buy products from our online shop.
- When you choose to receive marketing communication.
- When you provide us with feedback or submit an enquiry.
b) Interests - When you choose to provide it for marketing personalisation.
c) Dietary and special needs requirements - When you choose to provide it when booking an event
d) Information about other guests on your booking - When you provide them on behalf of others as part of making an event booking.
e) The correspondence that you have with us (e.g. emails, letters, calls, online chat service) - When you contact us or we contact you.
f) Your location - When you make a booking.
g) Information about how you use our websites including IP address and Google Analytics - When you browse our website.
Special Category Personal Data:
The GDPR definition of Sensitive Personal Data includes data relating to health and religious beliefs. As a result of you telling us that you have an allergy or a specific dietary requirement you may reveal medical conditions or religious beliefs. Sensitive Data will only be processed in order to deliver the products and/or services that you purchase from us.
4. How and why we use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide the following services:
- To deliver your event bookings. When you book with us we will use your information to confirm your booking and any payments you have made and to send a follow up email for your feedback.
- To deliver products that you purchase. When you buy from our online store, we will use your information to deliver your purchases, confirm your order and payments you have made and to send a follow up email for your feedback.
- To keep you informed of our products, services, offers and promotions. We may send you marketing communications about our products and services unless you have indicated that you don’t want to receive these.
- We will monitor opens / clicks and offer redemption on marketing emails to assess engagement.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience. We may use your personal data in order to tailor our services to your needs and preferences and to provide you with a personalised customer experience.
- To optimise the performance of our website. We may also collect information on how you use our website including the pages that you visit and the search criteria that you perform in order to optimise the performance of the website and personalise content that you see.
- To meet our legal obligations. We are required to keep certain records for legal reasons – for example invoices that we issue. We will keep and use this data in line with our legal requirements.
- For market research and to deliver business insight to help us ensure that our products and services remain relevant.
5. Sharing your personal data.
- We are reliant on a number of 3rd party providers in order to provide our products and services. Where this is the case we will remain in control of the data and we will ensure that the 3rd parties comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data and the data will only be for our purposes. Our 3rd party providers include:
- Legal authorities and legal advisors.
- We will also share your name and address details with our delivery partners in order to transport the product that you have ordered.
6. Transfer of Data outside the UK
All of the Simply Whisky operations covered by this policy are based in the UK. However, the technical infrastructure of some of our providers is located in data centres outside the UK in e.g. the EU or the US. The data will be transferred outside the UK as follows:
- Currently NA
This policy will be updated if new information comes to light.
7. The legal basis for processing your Data
We rely on the following reasons for using your data.
- Compliance with a legal obligation / regulatory authority.
- Performance of a Contract. In order to deliver the service that we have agreed to provide you with (such as an event booking).
- Legitimate Interest. In order to improve customer experience and develop our products and services.
- Consent – where you have specifically consented to us using the data.
8. Retention and Security of your Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary. This duration will depend on the type of data and the reason for processing it. For example:
- We will view consent to receive marketing communication as revoked if the marketing communication hasn’t been engaged with (opened or clicked) within 13 months.
9. Your Rights
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. Some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances. In order to exercise these rights please contact us using the contact details below. Please note that we will require proof of identity as part of this request and most rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
- Right of Access. You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the data that we hold about you and how it is used.
- Right of Correction or Completion. If the data that we have collected is inaccurate you have the right to update it.
- Right of Erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that Information we hold about you is erased. This usually applies if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose that it was collected for, or you withdraw your consent for its processing and request its erasure.
- Right to Object to or Restrict Processing. If you wish to challenge our need to process your data on legitimate interest grounds or if you wish to withdraw your consent.
- Right of Data Portability. You have a right to request that we transfer your data to another data processor.
12. Contact Information
If you have any questions about this policy or how your data is processed, please contact us at via phone on 07939 035 389 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe from our marketing communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing communications. Alternatively you can email your wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com.
Should you have any concerns about this policy or the way that we are processing data you have the Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please look at www.ico.org.uk for more detail.
This policy was last updated on 27th December 2020.
The design, contents and code of this website belong to Wellwood Star Ltd ©, so hands off! No aspect of our website can be reused or reproduced without our permission. All rights reserved.
EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Download a pdf file of our Event terms and conditions
Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on e.g. your computer or mobile phone. Cookies are used to improve services for you through, for example: analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our website services so we can make them better.
Opting out of cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit the About Cookies website, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies.
Here is a list of the main cookies set by Simply Whisky and what each is used for:
These cookies are used to carry out statistical analysis of page use, interactions and user paths. We use this to understand how our website is being used and to improve the user experience. User data is anonymous.
Social networking tools
On some pages, we feature embedded 'share' buttons or widgets that enable you to share content with friends through a number of popular social networking sites (e.g. Google+1; Twitter; Facebook 'Like' etc). These sites may set cookies which can identify you personally when you are also logged in to their services. This means they may be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on the Simply Whisky website. We do not control these cookies and you should check the relevant third-party website to see how your information is used and how to opt out.
External web services
Sometimes, we embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page which features such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. As with the social networking tools (above), we cannot prevent these sites or domains from collecting information on your use of this content. If you are not logged in to their services then they will not know who you are but may still gather anonymous usage information (e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc). We do not control these cookies and you should check the relevant third-party website for more information about them and how you can opt out.
To opt out of social networking tools or external web services collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
If you have any questions about anything on this page please contact us.