Loch, Scots and Two Oaken Barrels
We provide unique fun-filled whisky-tasting and learning experiencs for beginners through to whisky fanatics. Our events are not like any other you will have been to. Let us awaken your taste for whisky!
Lasting up to two hours (sometimes three if Franchi is on a roll) we taste from four to six different whiskies, and sometimes rum, gin, beer/ale, port and armagnac! Of course we teach you about whisky, how it is made, how to taste it, and why it tastes the way it does but that is really just the beginning. We are entertainers passionate about whisky and spirits in general, we have a lot of fun and so will you!
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whisky is barely enough.”
What Makes Us Different
Here's tae us - Wha's like us - Damn few - And they're a' deid - Mairs the pity!
- Take a journey with us through the World of single malt whisky as we explain the whisky regions, the distilleries, and the colourful characters who have shaped the industry;
- We enliven each event with music, poetry, inspired toasts, jokes and tall tales, artwork, interesting whisky facts and peat from source;
- Provide specially selected chocolates and cheese to compliment your whisky, sometimes shortbread, oatcakes, rum, gin, beer/ale, port and armagnac too;
- Supply beautifully designed tasting mats/handout’s to keep, which teach you about the whiskies as you enjoy them;
- Display a rich multimedia presentation to transport your mind to where the whiskies are made whilst also offering the lucky few the chance to board The Islay Transportation device;
- Orchestrate a whisky quiz, blind tastings, our trademark Burns Idol, and an occasional sermon from a visiting Reverend who will invite all to join the church of everyday whisky drinking;
- Provide special glasses designed for the appreciation of the great taste of whisky
Simply Whisky is totally independent which means we can fine-tune your event around the selection of whiskies you want to enjoy based on your palate and budget. Or if you are not sure, we love making recommendations from our long list of favourites. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer truly customised events!
Nope, there is more. Here are some of the extras we offer:
- Enjoy a fun traditional Scottish ceilidh dance after the tasting. We have a great band, get involved and enjoy a jig as we teach you the steps!
- Incorporate a haggis tasting into the evening’s proceedings - if we are lucky enough to catch one and you are adventurous enough to experience this famous traditional Scottish delicacy
- Whisky cocktail master classes, unleash your inner Tom Cruise
- Commemorate your event by engraving your whisky tasting glasses with your own personal logo and/or message
- Personalise all presentation materials with your corporate branding
We can cater for private groups (home visits possible), wedding parties (will travel), and corporate clients (either on-site wherever you are, or in a top London venue - we are really good at selecting great venues!). In fact we will go just about anywhere in the World to enjoy a whisky with you, so don’t be shy…get in touch using the form below.
For a quotation fill out the enquiry form and our team will get the ball rolling. Alternatively contact us and we will talk you through the packages we have available.